Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Girl time

The past few days have been pretty laid-back for myself and Naomi. Naomi has to stay in St. Louis until the court date tomorrow, so Luke and the boys headed back home on Sunday for a few days while Naomi and I stayed behind. At first I wasn't real excited about three days stuck in a hotel, and was counting down the days until we could go home. I knew I was going to miss Luke and the boys, I had no car, it was 100 degrees outside, and I thought, "This is going to be a long. three. days."

But then the Lord convicted me of my grumbling heart and I realized what a gift this time was. I have had three days of total relaxation (which every mom needs once in a while) with no distractions from enjoying this new little one God has given us. I thought of how someday I'm going to look back on this special time with her as a gift from the Lord, not a burden that had to be endured. So I decided I was going to relax and just simply enjoy this time.

It's been wonderful to have these three days with our sweet little gal. God is so good.

2 comments:

amy said...

Naomi Marie is so beautiful! What a sweet, precious little girl!

Congratulations to you all!!!

Amy P.

Aijo said...

You have such a wonderful family.

God is definitely amazing to have put such a wonderful person in your life, and I know she is definitely blessed to have you in her life.